Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Students and Technology


I was able to get a chance to interview a student that goes to Arizona Western College.  He is a freshman and he lives in the residence halls.  During the interview I asked him questions about technology and how important it is to him and how much he uses it in his daily life.  He says he is always using technology and he is always on his phone.  Technology keeps him updated throughout his day.  He constantly checks his twitter, instagram, and Facebook feed.  He also says he uses his computer a lot.  When I asked him how many hours a day he spends on his computer he said he spends about seven hours a day.  I was shocked when I heard this amount and I was curious about what he does on the computer so I asked him.  He is usually on twitter, tumbler, and YouTube looking at videos.  Kagi values technology as his means of communicating globally receiving news and accessing media.  I also asked him if technology was harmful in his life.  When I asked if technology was harmful to him he said without hesitation yes.  He is always on his phone during class and it is always distracting him from learning in class.  He also says while doing homework on his computer he will always have another site open that distracts from doing his homework.  His weakness is Facebook because he is always instant messaging his friends.  Even though he gets distracted while doing homework he likes how everything school related is technology based.  He likes the fact that he can do homework, quizzes, and submit assignments all on blackboard and even talk to his professors.




No comments:

Post a Comment